The „Digital World Congress 2018“ of the Scheer GmbH will take place on 20.09.2018 in the Kongresshaus „Kap Europa“, Osloer Str. 5, 60327 Frankfurt am Main (www.kapeuropa.de).
(1) The following terms and conditions apply between the Scheer GmbH, Uni-Campus Nord, -66123 Saarbrücken, Germany (hereafter referred to as “SCHEER”) and the company (hereafter referred to as “CONTRACT PARTNER”) registered to participate in the “Digital World Congress 2018” (hereafter referred to as the “EVENT”) in its form as valid at the time of its registration.
(2) Variations to the Terms and Conditions of participation from the CONTRACT PARTNER will not be recognised by SCHEER, unless they have been explicitly agreed to in writing.
(1) The EVENT is aimed exclusively at business people as well as their employees, traders, freelancers and public institutions. Consumers as defined by § 13 BGB (German Civil Code) are not permitted to register for the EVENT. .
(2) With its registration the CONTRACT PARTNER confirms explicitly that they are entering into the contract as a business person, trader, freelancer or public institution and not as a consumer as defined by § 13 BGB (German Civil Code).
(1) The subject matter of the Contract is the sale of a ticket with which the person named by the CONTRACT PARTNER at registration (hereafter referred to as „PARTICIPANT“) is entitled to participate in the EVENT.
(2) The ticket includes the following provisions within the framework of the EVENT:
(3) The ticket includes the following provisions after the EVENT:
(1) Only one PARTICIPANT in each case may be registered per registration process.
(2) The CONTRACT PARTNER registers for the EVENT, and is thereafter liable for the costs, by entering the information required in the registration form and concluding the registration process with a click on the “register bindingly now” button.
(3) Within the registration form the CONTRACT PARTNER can correct input errors by use of the backspace key. The registration process may be terminated by the browser closing. Through re-loading the page the form will be re-loaded (F5 key) and the CONTRACT PARTNER can re-enter the information required.
(4) The registration form represents a non-binding offer to the CONTRACT PARTNER to register for the event. By filling in and submitting the registration form the CONTRACT PARTNER is making a binding offer for the conclusion ofa contract. Scheer will confirm registration by email automatically after the registration form has beensubmitted, at which point the contract comes into effect.
(1) The cost of participation at the EVENT is € 350,00 plus VAT per PARTICIPANT.
(2) For registrations concluded up to and including 31st May 2018 the cost of registration will be reduced by 20% to € 280,00 plus VAT. (Early bird ticket).
(3) Where the PARTICIPANT is registered as a Professor/Lecturer or employee at an Institute of Higher Education the cost of registration is € 175,00 plus VAT. (University Ticket).
(4) Should the CONTRACT PARTNER be in possession of a voucher code, the redemption of which is coupled with a discount, the code can be entered within the registration form in the “voucher code” field.
(1) The CONTRACT PARTER is entitled cancel his registration without charge up to and including the 31st August 2018 without giving reasons.
(2) The full cost of registration will be invoiced where cancellations are notified after the 31st August 2018, or where a PARTICIPANT fails to attend the EVENT.
(3) Should the CONTRACT PARTNER be unable to attend the EVENT, the CONTRACT PARTNER has the possibility to nominate a substitute person by the 15th September 2018. In this case also, the respective cost of registration will be invoiced in full.
(4) Notification of cancellation, or nomination of a substitute person, is permissible only by email to email@example.com
(1) Payment is possible exclusively by bank transfer.
(2) After conclusion of the contract the CONTARCT PARTNER will receive an invoice containing payment information by post.
(1) After successful conclusion of the contract the contract wording shall be retained and stored by SCHEER in the form of the Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(2) The contract wording in the form of the Terms and Conditions of Participation can be accessed by the CONTRACT PARTNER on the SCHEER website at https://www.scheer-group.com/en/terms_and_conditions-dwc-2018 and downloaded for retention as a PDF file.
(1) The PARTICIPANT herewith gives their express consent that photographs and videos, taken and filmed during the EVENT, and which show the PARTICIPANT individually or as part of a group, may be used by SCHEER and published by SCHEER on their internet site pages, in their social media presence as well as in other media.
(2) The PARTICIPANT has the right to withdraw this consent by email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) SCHEER is entitled to cancel the EVENT should grounds exist which are beyond its control (e.g. acts of God).
(2) In cases where the EVENT has been cancelled in accordance with the terms in Paragraph 1, and the PARTICIPANT has already paid their invoice, the full sum paid shall be reimbursed.
(3) SCHEER reserves the right to change the content of the EVENT, for example where a speaker is hindered from fulfilment of their engagement.
(1) SCHEER assumes full liability according to legal provisions in the following cases:
– by injury to life, body or health,
– by damage as a result of intent or gross negligence,
– by a breach of its obligations in product liability law.
(2) Through an act of simple negligence SCHEER is liable only for breaches of substantial contractual obligations whereby damages are limited in scope to damages foreseeable and typical at the time of contract conclusion. Substantial contractual obligations, as meant by the preceding sentence, are such obligations whose breaching would endanger the attainability of the purpose of the contract, whose fulfilment mainly facilitates the orderly performance of the contract and where compliance with them is regularly relied on by the customer.
(3) The liability assumed by SCHEER in Clause 11 (2) is limited in its total amount to the cost of participation.
(4) Moreover, the extension of liability for SCHEER to damages other than those named in Claus 11 (1), which are the result of a slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those named in Clause 11 (2) is excluded.
Reference is made to the Data Protection Declaration by SCHEER: https://www.scheer-group.com/en/data-privacy-policy/
(1) Applicable law is that of the Federal Republic of Germany. UN Sales law is excluded.
(2) Exclusive jurisdiction is the location of SCHEER in66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
(3) In as much as the CONTRACT PARTNER has no general place of jurisdiction in Germany (§ 38 Para. 2 ZPO (German Code of Civil Practice)) Saarbrücken shall also apply as the place of jurisdiction.
(4) Changes and/or amendments to the contract require the written form to be valid.